Monday, October 3, 2011

Table Makeover

Since we are selling our house and moving to FL, we have been 'downsizing' and 'decluttering'.  We had a TV in our room and since our Realtor said we had too much furniture in there, we took it out and I'm now using the table in the living room.

This is what the table looked like BEFORE we painted it.


She's pretty rough looking, huh? 

I wanted to paint it this color:


It's called Tropical Breeze. This is the color of my bedroom walls and I LOVE it.  Since we'll be moving into an apartment that we won't be able to paint, I wanted to take the color with me.  Unfortunately, it clashes with our living room color, so it didn't happen. :(

So, step one is to clean the table and remove the dirt and gunk.

After that I sprayed it with a coat of Valspar's Primer (spray paint).


Once that dried I spray painted it with Valspar's Churchill Hotel Vanilla.

Let me tell you something... you better have strong hands and fingers to use Valspar's spray paints.  I did most of the primer myself, but my hand was cramping so bad after that I couldn't do the vanilla coat. I managed to talk C-Note into doing it for me. :)


He's so awesome. :D

Here's the result:


Ain't she purdy? It's amazing what paint will do for a piece of furniture!  Once it was completely dry I took some fine grit sandpaper and roughed it up a little bit. I didn't get close enough (Doh!), so you can't really tell, but there are a few spots where the old brown is showing through and it gives it an 'aged' look. It turned out really well and it was so easy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment